Sunday, October 20, 2013

Week Three


Hello blog readers!  Yesterday was my 30th birthday!  My wife made it her mission to make this birthday great, she declared it my birthday weekend!  I have never celebrated my birthday for more than one day...all the attention had always made me feel awkward anyways.  However, with my wife it felt wonderful to take some time to celebrate turning 30. Friday morning I was surprised with a gift of the coupon organizer I had been wanting and a trip to get some wonderful coffee.  She also spoiled me with making lunch and buying dinner.  I got to chose the tv shows and movies we watched, it was fun and she was a trooper with my choices.

 
On my actual birthday we went to a pumpkin patch!  I completely LOVE pumpkin patches!  It was sooooo much fun to walk around looking at all the cute pumpkins and choose the right one for us.  Then my wife gave me the greatest gift ever...which she doesn't even know she gave me.  As we were looking at the cute train ride they had for kids my wife turned to me and said that she couldn't wait for us to have a baby and bring our kid there; that she could picture herself on the train ride with our child having fun.  Knowing my wife is so excited to have a child with me makes me feel very special.  It's an incredible feeling to know that she loves me so completely and wants me to be the mother to her children.  I truly cannot wait to have a baby with my wonderful amazing wife! 

 
At the pumpkin patch we bought one big pumpkin, two little ones and some baby Indian corn.  My wife took me to get coffee and breakfast then we lounged at home watching my favorite tv shows.  My wife bought me my favorite pens, I love to write and I have a very specific pen that I use and I was out...I love that she knows me so well and knew that if I could have anything I would want notebooks and pens!  My other treat was to once again be spoiled with not having to cook...and we also had chocolate cake. (It was my birthday so cake is a must lol)  We watched movies and cuddled all day :-) It was an amazing weekend!...

That night after my wife fell asleep I lay awake almost laughing that I was in pain on my birthday.  Yup, throughout this weekend I battled "Aunt Flo".  What horrible timing right?!  My loving wife had adjusted my birthday surprise plans to fit in lots of time for me to rest.  She knows the first few days I need meds, a heating pad and rest.  So my birthday ended with me up til past midnight reading blogs about pregnancy and weight loss as I battled awful back pain and cramps.  No matter the pain I was in this weekend...this was the BEST birthday because I have my wife to celebrate with me.  I told her that every holiday and birthday this year will be the best because we're together, all hell could break loose and I will still feel it's the best...even if Aunt Flo comes to bother me! 

On the whole Pre-pregnancy plan I didn't do too well, I blame the timing of the month so I'm not gonna beat myself up over the lack of workout.  My body was dealing with a lot this week.  For next week I will strive again to workout once a day and drink four glasses of water daily.  That's all the goals for this week.

Here's to week three!

No comments:

Post a Comment